BATTLE RIVER TREATY 6 HEALTH CENTRE, INC.1192 – 101st Street, 2nd FloorP.O. Box 1658 North Battleford, SK S9A 3W2 Phone: (306) 937-6700 Fax: (306) 445-8355
BRT6HC Response to Covid-19
March 15, 2020
Battle River Treaty 6 Health Centre is committed to providing ongoing healthcare to the communities that we serve during the Covid-19 pandemic.
BRT6HC is in the final stages of updating the Emergency Communicable Disease Outbreak Preparedness Plan and will share with the community leadership within the next few days.
The BRT6HC Emergency Communicable Disease Outbreak Steering Committee is in regular contact with First Nations Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB), Indigenous Services Canada and the Saskatchewan Health Authority regarding Covid-19 virus to ensure that we remain updated with precautionary measures.
The level of risk is still low for Saskatchewan however it is recommended to follow precautionary measures:
- practice proper cough and sneezing etiquette (into the bend of your elbow)
- wash your hands often with soap and water; if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- maintain safe food practices
- avoid close contact with peole who are sick
- avoid unnecessary travel to affected areas
- avoid large crowds and practice social distancing (do not shake hands, hug or kiss)
Some measures that BRT6HC will be taking:
- staff who have travelled in affected areas will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days
- staff who are sick will be sent home
- will work with community leadership on increasing janitorial duties within the health clinics
- pausing all group programming at this time
Community members can still access one-on-one services for counselling, Well Baby Clinics, home care services, Headstart home visiting and the school dental program however you will be asked questions by the healthcare provider as a screening measure to ensure safety for the staff. It is important that the staff are healthy during the pandemic so that we can continue to provide services to the community members.
BRT6HC is awaiting Personal Protective Equipment from FNIHB and we will distribute a care package to those who are sick which will include hand sanitizer and a mask in attempt to reduce the spread of illness to others.
BRT6HC staff and the Board of Directors want to assure you of continued support through the pandemic. Please contact the local health clinic or call (306) 937-6700 for more information or if you are seeking answers to questions/concerns that you or your family may have.
Little Pine Health Clinic (306) 398-2525
Poundmaker Health Clinic (306) 398-2266
Mosquito Grizzly Bear’s Head Leanman Health Clinic (306) 937-3149
Moosomin Health Clinic (306) 386-2223
Lucky Man Band Members (306) 937-6700
Sweetgrass Health Clinic (306) 937-2115
Stoney Knoll Band Members (306) 937-6700
Engaged and Wholistic Communities.
BRT6HC Inc. builds engaged and wholistic communities through:
- client focused and family centered care
- honouring traditional values; and
- promoting and supporting the wholistic health of people living in the member bands.
BRT6HC uses the Seven Grandfather Teachings as their values for the organization